Tuesday, November 24, 2015

A million "thank yous" to my mother

I'm super excited because it's my mum's birthday today!
This goes to the woman who made my life possible. Over the years, I’ve come to realize the significance of a mother. Without you mum, I don’t know where I would be.
So here’s to you mum… the proverbs 31 kind of woman.
Thank you for caring enough to house me in your womb for 9 whole months.
Indeed, your price is far above rubies. You are strong and resilient.
Thank you for working willingly and tirelessly from day one, to ensure I am brought up in the fear of God, and do not lack.
Thank you for nursing me when I was ill… you left your job severally to ensure I was in good health, God bless you.
Thank you for teaching me right from wrong; and enforcing right.
Thank you for being a strong woman; it rubbed off on me.
Thank you for putting a smile on my face, even when you wept inside.
Thank you for being my #1 fan and cheering me  on, even when the hates came.
Thank you for buying all those little awkward things I liked, just to make me happy.
Thank you for sending me to all those SU camps when I was younger, they helped build my relationship with God.
Thank you for your financial support; you don’t know how grateful I am.
Thank you for your understanding… even when I wasn’t at my best.
Thank you for giving me hope; even when I thought all hope was lost.
Thank you for my pre-formal education; it impacted on the formal.
Thank you for teaching me to manage my finances; those skills have come in handy these days.
Thank you for making me laugh and saying those outrageous things (one would never expect from you).
Thank you for building my self esteem; oh how glad I am of this!
Thank you for teaching me to work hard for what I want; believing I can do all things.
Thank you for believing in me; it made me believe in myself.
Thank you for making my opinion count; it also built my self esteem
Thank you for my weird sense of humour; I got it from you!
Thank you for your patience mum.
Thank you for putting my needs before yours!
Above all mum, thank you for your relentless prayers… they have made me who I am. I pray God keeps you long enough to eat the fruit of your labour. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MA!

I celebrate you endlessly!

7 comments:

Thanks for stopping by, please share your thoughts